Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mock...yeah!

You know what doesn't really churn my nerves, but makes me laugh? Someone who just will not shut up on a long car ride. Man, who knew these people could produce so many words and sounds for such a long period of time, and not even feel fatigued. I really am intrigued by it, except when I am the victim.

I am a fairly patient and calm-natured guy, but I have a tolerance meter which can be tested. With exception of the driver, I believe car rides over three hours were invented for sleeping. I agree that good, hard conversation in the beginning of the trip makes for peace and quiet toward the end of the trip. Excessive talking and singing can produce gruelling headaches or migraines. I just don't understand how people who talk excessively don't notice the expression on the other person's face, especially when that person is trying to make it obvious that he or she is annoyed. What does a guy have to do to establish a state of calmity in the car? Certainly the "quiet game" will not work but once, but what else? Most people would like to avoid the awkwardness after a "can we just talk a little less?" assertion. Well here's a tip for those people. PLAY MUSIC a little louder than normal, just loud enough to where it is an inconvenience to converse. With problems come solutions, and I just introduced you to my solution to your problem. You're welcome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment